Position Title: Finance and Accounting Manager Reports to: CFO/COO
Revision Date: 4/20/15
EPIC Provisions is an Austin, TX based company focused on revolutionizing the food industry through the creation of innovative and category creating 100% grass fed meat snacks. Not only are EPIC products good for the end consumer, but also enrich the lives and
welfare of the animals we source, as well as help regenerate our planet through rewarding ranchers that practice restorative land management. Our flagship EPIC bar is a 100% grass fed animal based protein bar designed as nature intended. We believe that EPIC foods should inspire EPIC health, and as a result, our products are paleo friendly, gluten free, and low in sugar.
We are looking for a reliable finance & accounting manager to supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day finance and accounting activities. This includes developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager is responsible for completing all work in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, payroll, fixed asset management, inventory management, cost accounting efforts and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. The Accounting Manager will report to the CFO/COO.
*Note that responsibilities may be added or adjusted over time.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Is responsible for daily accounting activities including: processing accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, accrual accounting requirements, payroll and utilities, treasury function, bank reconciliations, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset management, debt activity, etc....
- Perform capitol budgeting activities.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Performs routine banking requirements.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure compliance with debt covenants.
- Work with tax consultants to ensure timely compliance and minimal fees.
- Supports planning, budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises on the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO/COO and founders regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new processes and procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to other departments as well as potential new staff as needed.
- Helps company meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Drive receivables aging review and lead company Collection efforts on outstanding receivables.
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Helps Company avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Is involved in the strategic planning and the development of new products by supporting efforts to plan, control costs, improve margins, and evaluate as well as plan product mix among other supporting activities.
- Analyze and interpret financial information that corporate executives need in order to make sound business decisions.
- Review and monitor costs inherent in the business.
- Cost accounting activity including the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, break-even and margin analysis, cost object analysis, variance analysis and other support tracing or predicting costs of underlying activities.
- Construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts, validate cost of goods sold as part of month-end close, accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 5 or more years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-departmental team
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Consumer Packaged Goods Industry experience preferred
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Is enthusiastic about the company.
- Leads by example and exhibits professionalism at all times.
- Is one of the most organized and dependable members of the EPIC tribe. Never misses a deadline and always exceeds expectations of what is asked.
- Is bottom-line oriented and steadfast in pushing himself/herself and others for results.
- Establishes and flawlessly maintains systems, processes and procedures without exception. Understands that this is incredibly challenging in a fast growth company but accepts the challenge.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and is widely trusted. Is direct and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidence while admitting mistakes and never misrepresents himself/herself or the company for personal gain.
- Adheres to the EPIC values and beliefs in every interaction with employees, partners and customers during both good and tough times.
- Is bright, creative and deals with complexity comfortably. Is intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Has outstanding judgment, is a strong critical thinker and problem solver. Is able to predict and prevent issues before they arise. Creates systems that are efficient, effective, practical and scalable.
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Experience in manipulating large databases preferred
- CRM and ERP application experience
- Business process management
- Inventory management
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Drive
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com