Position Title: Eastern Region Sales Manager Reports to: CEO
Start Date: Yesterday Location: Eastern United States
Company Profile: EPIC Provisions is an Austin, TX based company focused on revolutionizing the food industry through the creation of innovative and category creating 100% grass fed meat snacks. Not only are EPIC products good for the end consumer, but also enrich the lives and welfare of the animals we source, as well as help regenerate our planet through rewarding ranchers that practice restorative land management. Our flagship EPIC bar is a 100% grass fed animal based protein bar designed as nature intended. We believe that EPIC foods should inspire EPIC health, and as a result, our products are paleo friendly, gluten free, and low in sugar.
Position Scope: The Eastern Region Sales Manager will work closely with the CEO, Western Region Sales Manager, and the Director of Marketing in the planning, management and execution of Retail Sales for this part of the country. This position will also work directly with Finance and Operational team leaders. This position has great growth potential.
- Strategic and collaborative building of annual trade promotion calendar for region across retail customers
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to expand the sales of EPIC across ALL retail channels throughout the East (excluding Chicago), why are we excluding Chicago? which includes working with EPIC broker and distributor networks to maximize sales and distribution opportunities
- Setting performance expectations and managing all appointed brokers, distributors, and specialty teams to achieve quality distribution in targeted accounts, including ensuring timely execution on new item introductions, schematic implementation, promotional programming and that they have all necessary resources required to succeed in the market place (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promotional calendars, etc)
- Offers strategic direction, guidance, and support to all Eastern Region sales teams that align with EPIC company annual business goals
- Developing and monitoring incentive programs, contests, etc. in order to keep Epic top-of-mind
- Ensuring that all related POS (e.g. coolers, shelf talkers, neckers, etc.) are ordered in the right quantities and utilized effectively in the marketplace. Requesting and analyzing distribution reports to determine market coverage and opportunities for future growth
- Conducting store audits (with broker management and/or field sales reps where possible) to ensure merchandising standards are adhered to and promotional programming is being executed
- Identifying and attending (i) trade shows and (ii) sampling opportunities (whether or not on-premises) to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Identify opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the EPIC brand (from consumer to buyers and everyone in between).
- Assist in the implementation, training, and auditing of in-store demo teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- High level experience in the Natural Products Industry (Whole Foods, Sprouts, NCGA, INFRA and supporting Sales Channels – Club, Conventional, Mass, C-Store) with CPG selling background in dry snacks spaces highly preferred
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers (Presence Marketing) and distributors (UNFI, Kehe, Nature’s Best, Greenshoots, etc), servicing these channels
- Strong planning and organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly adaptable & resourceful
- Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Datagarden, Retailer Portals), Microsoft Excel and Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc)
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Eastern United States
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org