Summer is here and so are outdoor gatherings and celebrations. Still need a dish for the Fourth of July this Wednesday? We’ve got you covered with this festive berry cobbler that requires minimal ingredients and prep time. We use our cracklings for the sweet yet savory topping—resulting in a paleo, low-carb treat that will make the whole crew come back for seconds. For the ultimate experience, serve warm with your choice of ice cream!
16 ounces strawberries
12 ounces blueberries
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (for greasing pan)
1 bag maple bacon pork cracklings, crushed
2 T coconut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss all filling ingredients (except coconut oil) in large bowl.
- Coat 9” pie dish or cast iron skillet with coconut oil then evenly fill with berry mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed cracklings evenly over the top
- Place into oven for about 20 minutes, until filling is starting to bubble
- Drizzle with coconut butter and serve warm
What’s your favorite summer recipe? Let us know in the comments below.