This September, we are thrilled to announce another Whole30 partnership. We love Whole30 for its unique, comprehensive, lifestyle-focused wellness plan that encourages a healthy relationship with your body and your food. As the days become shorter and cooler, these comforting and nourishing recipes from the Whole30 team are just what you need to dominate #SeptemberWhole30.
While EPIC's Bone Broth is the world's first ready to drink beveage of its kind for on the go nourishment, it also makes an excellant base for simple recipes. Our bone broth is simmered for long durations and bottled fresh in glass containers for maximum amounts of nourishing collagen, minerals, and gelatin.
- 2 bottles (28 ounces) of EPIC Beef Jalapeno Sea Salt Bone Broth
- 1 lb. organic Flank Steak
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Dash of White Pepper
- 2 medium Zucchini (spiralized as “zoodles”)
- 1” fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 Scallions, minced
- 8 Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh Basil Leaves, minced
- 5 fresh Mint Leaves, minced
- 5 sprigs of fresh Cilantro, minced
- OPTIONAL: Chopped almonds
In a shallow dish, marinate flank steak in avocado oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and white pepper for at least one hour (up to 24 hours).
Heat a skillet to medium high. Add 1 Tbs. of cooking oil (ghee, coconut oil or avocado oil) and allow to melt. Place flank steak on the heated skillet and allow to sear for 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and allow to cool on a plate. When cool, slice in thin strips.
Add broth to a large stock pot and heat to medium. Spiralize the zucchini directly into the stock pot. Add minced ginger and minced scallion. When the broth begins to simmer, remove from heat and serve between 4 bowls and top with seared flank steak and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
HEALING CHICKEN-VEGGIE SOUP
- 2 bottles (28 ounces) of EPIC Homestyle Savory Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tbs. Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 Celery stalks, diced
- 1 1lb. Organic Chicken, diced (use raw chicken or leftover cooked chicken)
- 1” fresh Ginger, peeled
- 1” fresh Turmeric, peeled
- Fresh Parsley
- Black pepper
In a stock pot, heat ghee (or coconut oil) to medium and allow to melt. Add diced onion and minced garlic and stir until they begin to soften. Add diced carrot, celery and chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Pour bone broth over veggies and simmer until soft (about 10 minutes). Turn off the heat and using a vegetable peeler, peel ginger and turmeric as strips directly into the pot.
Stir to combine and serve between 4 bowls. Garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley and a generous sprinkle of black pepper. Slurp it up!
COMFORTING CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH TURKEY GLAZE
- 1 bottle (14 ounces) of EPIC Turkey Cranberry Sage Bone Broth
- 4 Tbs. Ghee
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 head of Cauliflower, riced (use a food processor to “rice” cauliflower or purchase it “riced” at select stores)
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 lb. ground meat (raw or leftover ground meat works fine)
- Fresh Parsley
Pour entire bottle of broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add ghee and dried thyme and reduce to a simmer until the broth thickens and is a thick glaze (this takes about 15 minutes).
Add ground meat to the turkey broth glaze and allow it to absorb the glaze. The meat will be bursting with flavor and a rich color.
“Rice” cauliflower in a food processor, then saute it in a skillet with 1 Tbs. coconut oil until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Serve cauliflower “rice” between 4 bowls and top with glazed ground meat. Garnish with fresh parsley.