Company Profile: EPIC Provisions is an Austin, TX based company focused on revolutionizing the food industry through the creation of innovative and category creating100% grass fed meat snacks and animal based products. Not only are EPIC products good for the end consumer, but also enrich the lives and welfare of the animals we source, as well as help regenerate our planet through rewarding ranchers that practice restorative land management. Our flagship EPIC bar is a 100% grass fed animal based protein bar designed as nature intended. We believe that EPIC foods should inspire EPIC health, and as a result, our products are paleo friendly, gluten free, and low in sugar.
EPIC Provisions is the fastest growing energy bar company in the US and can be found wherever natural foods are sold.
Position Scope: The Marketing Director will work closely with the Head of Sales and Founders in the planning and execution of programs that build the brand’s fan base, overall sales, exposure, and consumer engagement through digital and retail marketing efforts. In addition, this key role serves as the eyes & ears providing critical market research and insights, hands-on management of our social media profiles and tactics, and experiential and event marketing support to ensure our brand’s story is consistent across all channels both online and offline.
- Digital and social media management: Work with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure marketing strategy is optimized through social channels, digital marketing tactics online to grow our community online and positively impact retail volume.
- Event Marketing & Promotion: Oversee strategy and management of event and promotional marketing program including in store product demo promotions and field marketing to enhance our brand awareness, drive sales and enhance our brand reputation with key target audiences.
- Customer/Shopper Marketing: Oversee strategy and management of shopper marketing programs, working with major retail customers to leverage their vehicles (e.g. Target Made to Matter) to drive differential growth and in-store visibility. Support creating and executing POS, signage, merchandising, and demo team support. Liaise with General Mills as appropriate to leverage event platforms and best practices, as deemed appropriate by Epic.
- Public Relations: Oversee third party PR group to ensure EPIC’s PR strategy is properly managed. Identify and connect with media and bloggers and help us tell our story through earned media. Compose and send press releases to targeted media with strategic timing and content.
- Market Research & Business Analytics: Manage research-gathering activities to gather important insights about our brand and product from consumers. Produce complex marketing analytics to evaluate marketing performance, improve marketing efforts and increase return on marketing dollars Liaise with General Mills as appropriate to leverage research platforms, reporting standards and best practices, as deemed appropriate by Epic.
- Oversee management of trade show calendar with promotional and marketing efforts that target consumers, press, buyers, and show organizers.
- Develop and execute annual marketing strategy and budgets, in consultation with the Founders, sales and General Mills/Annie’s resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Creative, creative, creative!
- Five to seven years of event, PR and/or marketing experience within the consumer package goods environment is required; considerations made for candidates with more than five years of related experience in another active lifestyle (e.g. outdoor goods) or retail-centric environment (e.g. wellness products).
- Strong planning, organizational, project management along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience writing copy and creating marketing collateral; including press releases, blogs, newsletters
- Ability to proactively execute on opportunities to add value while being scrappy in a start-up environment
- Proven Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; highly adaptable & resourceful
- Experience managing contractors and working with agencies on a project basis
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle
- Comfortable synthesizing and presenting ideas, concepts and information to senior-level executives
- Must have the ability to be successful in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules and demanding deadlines
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org