For those of you who put beef at #1 in #RankYourMeats, this episode is for you! We talk to a leading supplier of grass-fed beef in America as well as EPIC’s very own meat sourcer.
First up is Dana Ehrlich. Dana is the founder of Verde, one of the leading suppliers of grass-fed beef in America. During our conversation, Dana and I dive into...
- How a trip to Argentina inspired his career change from the tech industry in the shadow of Silicon Valley to cows among the grasslands of South America.
- The challenges of selling grass-fed beef in the early 2000s and the incredible shift he’s seen in the demand and interest for grass-fed.
- The sensitive topic of supporting domestic American grass-fed beef vs. imported grass-fed beef, the environmental impact of importing beef, and why he believes we should support grass-fed domestically and internationally.
- Should we be buying grass-fed beef? Organic grass-fed beef? What should you and I be looking for when we shop?
Whether you’re passionate about the environment and the sustainability of grass-fed beef, or your fascinated by entrepreneurship and what causes someone to make such a risky leap and ultimately see success, you’ll take something away from this conversation.
For this week’s INSIDE EPIC, I’m excited to sit back down with our meat sourcer, Kirk Blanchard. Kirk has the coolest job at EPIC, and I’ve always got a list of ten or more question for him that I think our audience would find fascinating. For this episode, I ask Kirk about…
- How much progress we’ve made on growing our supply of 100% grass-fed bison and why it takes so damn long.
- Why pastured pork is so much more challenging to find than pastured beef.
- Why he’s always bugging our sales and marketing teams to create and sell more beef products!
Make sure you’re subscribed to the EPIC newsletter, because the next several weeks at EPIC are going to be filled with exciting news. We’re launching new products and giving you opportunities to try them for free, we’re announcing exciting changes to existing products that will be game-changers for our industry, and we’ll be sharing new research that is literally changing the American landscape. How can you be first to find out about all these things? Sign up for the EPIC newsletter and follow us on social media!
Finally, I have a request for our biggest and most loyal Meatcast fans. If you think you’re among our biggest fans, please reach out to us as we’re putting together something special for the Meatcast community over the next couple weeks. You can direct message us on Instagram or Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line MEATCAST.
Stream the episode: Link
Download as MP3 (right click and save as): Link