With Thanksgiving fast approaching, we decided to slow down and take time to feast together and celebrate the things that we're thankful for. Nutrition is important to us at EPIC, and we understand that with the holidays, it's sometimes hard to adhere to our dietary philosophy. We're always looking forward to recreating traditional Thanksgiving recipes with healthy alternatives, without compromising flavor! So here are some of our favorites recipes from the EPIC Wolfpack & some of our favorite Paleo bloggers...
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
For full recipe visit Paleo Grubs
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Spinach Butter Sauce
For full recipe visit Lexi's Clean Kitchen
The sweet potato gnocchi was such a hit at the EPIC HQ. If you're grain free, you may feel like your gnocchi days are over, but you're not, because this recipe has you covered! For added flavor, we pan fried the cooked gnocchi with olive oil and added Hickory Smoked Bacon Bits to make it EPIC.
Sausage, Apple, and Mushroom Stuffing
Adapted from Caroline Potter // All-American Paleo Table Cookbook
We're big fans of Caroline Potter's All-American Paleo Table Cookbook and her blog Colorful Eats so we had to definitely try out her awesome grain-free stuffing. For this recipe, we used her Nut-Free Sandwich Bread recipe. To make it EPIC, you can substitute 8 Bison Bacon Cranberry bars (chopped) in place of the pork sausage. This recipe is so delicious that it will beat your grandmother's non-paleo stuffing! Full recipe is only featured in her book!
EPIC Chocolate Bark
Courtesy of Ashley EPIC
- 1 1/2 Dark Chocolate Chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup dried Cherries - chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup Pecans or slivered almonds or both
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan Pink Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Hickory Smoked Bacon Bits ( Optional )
- Line sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast nuts of choice (we did pecan & almond slivers ) with cinnamon about 15 minutes, or until they smell delicious.
- Slowly melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil, over low heat, add a little more for the desired consistency once you add chocolate.
- Melt half cup Coconut Butter into the mix.
- Melt Dark chocolate of choice.
- Pour chocolate mixture on the parchment paper and add nuts, cherries, bacon bits, pinch of sea salt and press into the chocolate.
- Pop it in the freezer until it hardens... break into pieces and serve chilled
- Best stored in airtight container in the freezer or fridge.
We hope you get inspired by all these amazing dishes, and remember to always Feed Others As You Wish to Be Fed.