Domino potatoes—first sliced into thin rectangles, then baked—achieve the perfect balance of golden crisp edges and buttery creamy centers. Drenching each slice in EPIC's rich, cage-free duck fat adds unbeatable flavor, especially when paired with garlic, fresh thyme, and flakey sea salt.
Duck Fat Domino Potatoes
Yield: 8 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 6 to 8 sweet potatoes (Japanese or traditional), peeled
- 1 cup EPIC duck fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons large-flake sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves removed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim sweet potatoes into perfect rectangles by removing their round edges. Then, using a mandoline slicer, shave thin slices off to create long rectangles.
- Toss slices in a large bowl with duck fat, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and sliced garlic. Arrange slices upright in an 8x8-inch baking dish, tightly filling the whole dish. Roast in oven about 1 hour, until tops are golden and crispy and potatoes are cooked through. Sprinkle with extra thyme leaves and salt to serve.