This hearty beef stew features EPIC’s flavorful jalapeño beef bone broth, which melts the beef to perfection with a low and slow cooking method. It's great on its own or paired with eggs.
Spicy Beef Stew with Butternut Squash
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut to ½ inch chunks
- 6 small roasted and chopped green chilis, either canned (4 small cans) or fresh roasted with seeds and skins removed
- ½ of one large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 jars of EPIC Beef Jalapeño Bone Broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Move oven racks to create space for your dutch oven if necessary. Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Place meat in an oven safe dutch oven heated on medium high heat and sprinkle with the salt. Brown meat on all sides, leaving the meat alone on a side for 2-3 minutes at a time to create browning.
- Add onion, garlic, green chili, butternut squash, celery, bone broth and cumin to the pot and stir.
- Leave the pot on medium high heat and bring to a boil, then cover, remove from stove and place in the preheated oven.
- Allow the pot to braise in the oven for 3.5 hours.
- Remove the pot from the oven and stir before serving.