Start your day right with our paleo friendly, low-carb version of chilaquiles. This recipe features our oven-baked chili lime pork rinds as a tortilla chip substitute, so you can enjoy this traditional Mexican dish guilt-free. Top with a fried egg and enjoy!
Chilaquiles With Chili Lime Pork RindsPaleo
- 2 dried Guajillo chilis
- 1 dried Arbol chili (optional for heat level)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bag Oven-Baked Chili Lime Pork Rinds
- Cilantro (for garnish - optional)
- Cotija cheese (for garnish - optional)
- 2 eggs (fried)
- EPIC Chicken Fat
- In a lightly oiled skillet cook onion, cored tomatoes, and garlic cloves on medium to medium-high heat until lightly charred.
- Once all ingredients are lightly charred, place chilis, onion, tomatoes, garlic, broth, vinegar, salt, and pepper into a medium sauce pan or pot.
- Place on high heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain into sauce pot, place on medium-low heat and add pork rinds.
- Stir until all rinds are coated.
- Remove from heat, top with a fried egg, and garnish with cilantro and cheese.
Recipe Credit: Eric Rasmussen, EPIC Product Developer