In honor of National Dessert Day, we crafted a delightfully refreshing treat that won’t sabotage your healthy lifestyle. So you can have your cake, er—tart, and eat it too. This gluten-free, paleo-friendly lemon tart highlights the sweet and savory flavor of our cinnamon churro pork rinds paired with zesty lemon. The end result is a savory and crispy crust filled with a smooth, tangy lemon curd.
Lemon Tart With Cinnamon Churro CrustGluten-Free, Paleo
- 1.5 cup EPIC Cinnamon Churro Baked Rinds (finely ground)
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- tart pans
- parchment paper
- beans (or baking beads)
- toasted coconut for garnish
- Mix together ground pork rinds, almond flour, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and eggs in a large bowl and combine until you are able to form into a ball.
- Press mixture into lightly greased tart pans, ensuring the bottom and sides are fully covered with dough.
- Cut parchment paper to fit each tart pan and place on top of dough mixture.
- Fill each tart with uncooked beans to prevent dough from rising during blind baking process.
- Place filled tart shells into oven and bake at 400*F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
Lemon Curd Filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup honey (or 2 tsp Stevia powder)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- Whisk all ingredients on low to medium-low heat until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Continue to whisk ingredients over heat until liquid starts to thicken. Make sure to constantly whisk and stir so the eggs in the mixture do not cook/scramble.
- Remove from heat once the consistency of pudding is achieved. (This may take a bit.)
- Strain and chill.
- Pipe cooled curd mixture into tart shells and top with toasted coconut flakes.
Recipe Credit: Eric Rasmussen, EPIC Product Developer