There’s nothing like enjoying a bowl of warm, hearty chili on a cool evening. This Paleo friendly recipe incorporates EPIC grass-fed beef tallow as well as beef jalapeno sea salt bone broth for a nose-to-tail dish that is sure to become your family’s favorite.
Grass-fed Beef and Venison ChiliPaleo, Gluten-Free
- 1 lb ground grass-fed venison
- 1 lb ground grass-fed beef
- EPIC beef tallow
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (14oz)
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 jar EPIC Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or maple sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add a hearty spoonful of EPIC beef tallow in to a hot Dutch oven.
- Brown meat in pan, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili powder, chipotle chili pepper, thyme, paprika, and cumin while meat is cooking.
- When fully cooked, remove meat from pan.
- Add another hearty spoonful of EPIC beef tallow to the Dutch oven.
- Saute bell peppers and onion over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When slightly browned, stir in minced garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, stir in tomato paste and cook for roughly one minute.
- Reduce heat and stir in both diced and crushed tomatoes, EPIC Beef Jalapeno Bone Broth, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir to incorporate well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Credit: Casey Robertson, EPIC Product Developer