If choosing a more carb conscious lifestyle is one of your New Year’s Resolutions, you’re likely looking for diet-friendly ways to spice things up in your kitchen. The combination of tender cauliflower steaks and nutrient dense avocado coated with EPIC’s BBQ Pork Rinds as a crispy breadcrumb alternative is sure to leave you feeling satisfied, without compromising your new lifestyle. We recommend serving with your favorite hot sauce to add a little kick.
Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Steaks with Fried Avocado
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4-6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 limes
- Avocado oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 bag of EPIC BBQ Pork Rinds
- Hot sauce
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. avocado oil on medium high heat.
- Cut cauliflower across center into ½ inch slices.
- Place “steaks” into heated oil and sprinkle with cumin and salt.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks from heat and smother in hot sauce.
- Mash pork rinds in bag (or place in blender) until they are small, breadcrumb size pieces and transfer to medium size bowl.
- On same heated skillet, add 1 Tbsp. avocado oil.
- Cut avocados lengthwise into 6 slices (12 total) and coat slices with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in skillet and cook about 1 minute per side, flipping each piece so they get nice and crispy.
- Place cauliflower on plate, top with fried avocado, sliced radishes, cilantro, and lime wedges, and enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Liz Harroun, Senior Brand Associate