We used to think the combination of bacon, lettuce, and tomato couldn't get much better - that is, until we added jalapeno pork cracklings to the mix. Even carb lovers will love this bun-free version of a classic comfort food.
Jalapeno Crackling Coated BLT Wraps
Paleo, Keto Consumer Friendly, Gluten-Free
- 5 oz. EPIC Maple Bacon Cracklings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water (for eggs)
- Bacon (6 pieces)
- 1 tomato
- 1 head of letuce (Romaine or leaf)
- Place cracklings in to food processor and grind until chopped (will resemble a wet panko breadcrumb).
- Add almond flour to food processor and blend until incorporated. Place on to plate and reserve.
- Whisk together eggs and water.
- Dip raw bacon in to egg wash and then in to crackling/almond flour mixture. (Will need to slightly press mixture on to bacon to ensure it sticks.)
- Place all bacon strips on a sheet pan lined with a baking rack or something to elevate the bacon above the sheet pan to allow fat to drip off and adequate airflow around bacon.
- Cook at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes until bacon is cooked and crispy. Remove and let cool.
- Dice or slice tomato.
- Remove whole lettuce leaves and wash and dry.
- Place cooked bacon in to lettuce leaves and top with tomato and aioli.
Avocado Lemon Aioli
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in to food processor and blend until smooth.
Recipe Credit: Eric Rasmussen, EPIC Product Developer