This week we’re serving up quick pickled vegetables with EPIC Bone Broth. Enjoy them alone, alongside a charcuterie board, or serve as a tangy side dish with dinner—we recommend pairing with pork belly and a sunny side up egg. Since we believe connecting with your food can truly transform your relationship with the natural world, we hope that as you wash and prep your veggies, you take the time to reflect on where this food came from and express gratitude for how it got to your table. This recipe yields 2 16 oz. jars full of pickled vegetables.
Quick Pickled Vegetables
Paleo, Keto Consumer Friendly, Gluten-Free
Serving Size: Yields 2 16 oz. jars
- 1 jar of EPIC Homestyle Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- several radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small beet, thinly sliced
- (1 vegetable or any combination of above works)
- Pour EPIC Bone Broth in to medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce by about 25%; about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in apple cider vinegar, honey, sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- Place vegetables in storage container and let cool slightly.
- Pour liquid over vegetables (You can add water to cover the vegetables completely, but do not use more than 1/2 cup.)
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour or refrigerate for several hours.
Recipe Credit: Casey Robertson, EPIC Product Developer