Sometimes the summer heat means less of an appetite for warm, hearty meals. While a great season for crisp salads, it’s important to make them hearty enough to sustain those long summer days full of adventure. Featuring EPIC Hickory Smoked Bacon Bits, grilled chicken, and soft-boiled eggs, this salad is sure to keep you fueled and cool.
Summer Cobb Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 chives
- 1 small avocado
- 4 boiled eggs (we like them soft-boiled: drop into boiling water for 8 minutes followed by ice bath)
- 6 ounce grilled chicken breast
- sea salt
- EPIC Hickory Smoked Bacon Bits
- Toss chopped romaine lettuce with lemon juice and olive oil plus a pinch of sea salt.
- Add grape tomatoes, chives, and avocado; toss lightly.
- Top with halved boiled eggs, chicken breast, and Hickory Smoked Bacon Bits (to taste).
- Serve between two bowls.
Recipe Credit: Liz Harroun, EPIC Senior Brand Associate